Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Standout Prints vs. Float Wraps

It has been awhile since I posted last. I have been busy since the Bridal Show in Mason City. It was a lot of fun & if you stopped by my booth, Thank You!

Recently I had an order for two similar collages but with different mounting options. I thought it would be a wonderful chance for me to show you the difference between the two. Both of the collages are 20x20.


This first one is a Standout Print. It is called that because it is mounted onto a light weight foam core board that makes the print "stand out" from the wall three quarters of an inch. It comes ready to hang with 4 holes in the backer board. The side of the print has a matte black edge.

This is the least expensive, ready to hang, option that I offer.




The second option is a Float Wrap. It gets it's name because the photo is wrapped around a mounting board and then a smaller light weight foam core board (3/4 inch again) is attached to the back. This makes the print appear to be floating on the wall, since the outer edges aren't touching the wall. It also comes ready to hang with 4 holes in the backer board.

This option is a little more expensive than a Standout Print, but less than a Gallery Canvas Wrap. This is my personal favorite "ready to hang" option.


Hope this post was helpful in explaining the difference in these two popular products. If you have any additional questions I would be happy to answer them in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at some of my work. I would love to do photos for you. If you have any questions or want to set up a session, please send me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *